Homelessness and Housing
TGD people experience homelessness at much higher rates than their cisgender counterparts. Additionally TGD people may face additional challenges when accessing housing services. The Zoe Belle Gender Collective has a long history of working with homelessness and housing services across Victoria. This training has been developed in consultation with homelessness and housing services to give workers and organisations practical skills in working with TGD people.
- Respecting identities, TGD language, terms and pronouns
- Gender affirmation (transitioning) & other protective factors
- Impacts of discrimination and specific risk factors influencing homelessness and housing
- Experiences of TGD people in homelessness and housing
- Barriers to service access for TGD people
- Inclusive practice tools specific to the homelessness sector