LGBTIQA+ Inclusive Practice
LGBTIQA+ is an acronym encompassing a wide variety of experiences and identities including: lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex, queer, asexual plus other sexualities and gender identities that fall outside of heteronormative ideas. Although experiences within the LGBTIQA+ community vary greatly, the forms of discrimination we face as a community impact our ability to access inclusive, respectful and culturally safe services.
The ZBGC has developed this training to help organisations and individual practitioners provide accessible and inclusive services for LGBTIQA+ people and their families in Victoria.
In an open learning environment, our highly skilled trainers provide a range of different topics, including:
- An introduction to bodies, gender and sexuality
- Multi-gendered attraction
- Non-binary identities
- Respectful communication and pronouns.
- Experiences and impacts of discrimination
- Identifying systemic service barriers
- LGBTIQA+ inclusive practice initiatives